PITTSBURGH GYNOB Now Offering Telehealth Visits
These visits will be offered during regular business hours and will need to be scheduled ahead of time.
- Telehealth involves the use of technology to provide clinical services to our patients without an in-person visit.
- It allows he patient to be evaluated byne of our providers without leaving your home.
- Patients are encouraged to call the office if they have important questions or concOur triage staff and providers will continue to provide telephone advice when appropriate as always. This is NOT a telehealth visit.
- Telehealth visits are scheduled appointments that we would typically schedule in the office, but they are conducted via technology rather than in person.
- These visits will be billed to your insurance, just as your in-person office visit would be.
*NOTE: The cost you are responsible for depends largely on your insurance coverage, however, most insurance carriers have indicated their intent to temporarily waive patient cost share in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, we are not collecting any amount for your telehealth care at the time of service. Specific questions about your benefits or coverage should be directed to your insurance carrier.
Scheduling your telehealth visit:
- Call the office as you normally would. Our triage staff will screen your concerns to determine the type of service needed: telehealth or in-person visit.
- If the concern is eligible for a telehealth visit, you will schedule an appointment and will be provided with instructions.
** You will need a smartphone and/or video capabilities for the visit.
- Please make sure you are in a private, quiet setting at the time of your appointment. If possible, utilize WiFi for video appointments for a better connection.
- Please have your current height and weight available for your provider.
Please feel free to call the office with any additional questions you may have.
Reasons for Telehealth visits:
Not all problems can be addressed via telehealth. Some issues will require an exam or testing in the office.
The following problems CAN typically be addressed via telehealth:
- 6 Month Pill Checks
- Urinary Symptoms, some cases may require testing
- Medication refills
- Family Planning
- Irregular Bleeding
The following CANNOT be addressed via telehealth:
- Annual Exam
- Heavy Bleeding
- Some Breast Issues
- STD Screening/PID